Types of Plywood
Plywood in India in simple words is thin layers of wooden sheets stuck together to form a thicker sheet. It is specially engineered wood that is used for various home and office-related furniture. Plywood is used in almost all spaces and has many types as well. Some of the most famous types of plywood are-
Softwood plywood is usually made either of cedar, Douglas fir or spruce, pine, and fir (collectively known as spruce-pine-fir or SPF) or redwood and is typically used for construction and industrial purposes.
Hardwood plywood is made out of wood from dicot trees (Oak, Beech, and Mahogany) and is used for demanding end uses. plywood is characterized by its excellent strength, stiffness, durability, and resistance to creep.
Tropical plywood is made of mixed hardwood species of Tropical timber. This plywood is superior to softwood plywood due to its density, strength, evenness of layers, and high quality.
High-strength plywood is made from mahogany, spruce, and/or birch using adhesives with increased resistance to heat and humidity.
Usually faced with hardwood, including ash, oak, red oak, birch, maple, mahogany, shorea (often called lauan, meranti, or Philippine mahogany, though having
no relation to true mahogany), rosewood, teak, and a large number of other hardwoods.
Flexible plywood is designed for making curved parts, a practice that dates back to the 1850s in furniture making.
Marine plywood is manufactured from durable face and core veneers, with few defects so it performs longer in both humid and wet conditions and resists delaminating and fungal attack
Plywood is extensively used in many furniture and other office and industrial spaces. It is also used in home interiors. Some of the most common uses of plywood are-
- If anywhere firm, strong material is needed then it is necessary.
- As high-quality layered wood material, it is used.
- Resistance to bend, split, break, crack, twist, warping made it important for construction and furniture making.
- For outdoor uses.
- For space shipping, aviation since 1939.
- Low moisture plywood is used for different purposes like ship making.
- For making surfaces shaped curved, u, or folded plywood is used as the grains of plywood are easier to bend than normal wood.
- To make the interior surface of the skating ground this is used.
- Used for different interior games stadium.
- For ship construction.
- For space or aviation parts making.
Some of the best plywood in India manufacturers:-
- Kamdhenu Plywood Brand is considered to be a leading supplier in India of numerous building and construction materials. This includes stuff like TMT Steel, Structural Steel, Paints, Plywood, PVC Pipes, etc.
- Wigwam Plywood Company is one of the leading brands in India that produces branded Plywood products.
- This includes stuff like Block Boards, Flush Doors, Fire Retardant Panels, Hybrid Engineered Panels, Flexible Panels, Decorative panels, and Pre laminated Panels.
- Gurjone plywood exporters are the best plywood manufacturers in Yamuna Nagar when it comes to quality wood products. It provides the best plywood for furniture.
- Gurjone’s Ply makes the most astounding quality items incorporating compressed wood sheets.
- Gurjone Plywoods are famous over the globe and are considered among the best-pressed wood items at both residential and outside levels.
- Gurjone’s plywood has been the front-runner in applying innovation at work.
- Oriental Veneer Products Ltd is a public limited company that is promoted by the mithiborwala group. It has been over 30 years that this group is actively involved and engaged in the manufacture of wood-based resin-impregnated densified laminated boards.
- Rushil Decor Limited is one of the leading companies in the Laminate and MDF panel boards industry in India with a worldwide footprint in and around 42 countries. It was founded in 1993 with a vision of giving life to a dream space.
- Timex Plywood Limited was founded by Mr. Chapsi Gala in 1982. Ever since then, Timex has made its presence felt in homes, offices, and commercial spaces all around the country. They produce the best quality products in Veneers, Plywood, Laminate, ACP, Ceramics, Doors, and more. Their customer base has only increased since its inception.
- Archidply Laminate Industries Ltd is one of the leading Plywood companies in India that claims innovation to be one of its most important assets. Since its inception in 1976, it has emerged as a winner in all its endeavors. Archidply has sworn to bring about a much-needed revolution in the Plywood manufacturing process. It walks hand-in-hand with the advanced times and procures high-quality raw materials, employing world-class technology and resources.
- Swadesh Plywood Companies Ltd specializes in eco-friendly plywood and boards. They are carefully manufactured with a healthy mix of 100% plantation timber and also some quantity of timber from the Burmese forests where the regular plantation is authorized by the local government.
- Anchor Plywood Brand starts with serving the rigorous requirements of the Indian Navy in the year of 1951. Since then it has remained India’s No. 1 Marine Plywood; much envied but never defeated. Anchor Plywood Brand is known for its wide range of products, starting from Anchor shuttering plywood, Anchor Film faced Plywood, Anchor Fire Retardant Plywood to Anchor Aircraft Plywood.
- Western India Plywood Limited was established in 1945. It started by manufacturing sawn timber and plywood on a modest scale with a few indigenous and lent-leased machinery